Personal Information Defined. LiveHelpAmericaconsiders “Personal Information” to include information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify or contact you, such as: name, address, email address or phone number. LiveHelpAmerica does not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
What information do we collect from LiveHelpAmerica Visitors and how do we collect such information?
- Communication Products. If you engage in a communication with a LiveHelpAmerica agent using LiveHelpAmerica’s chat, email, voice or other communication products or services, or if you engage in a pre- or post-interaction survey (“Survey”), you may voluntarily provide, or otherwise be asked to provide, Personal Information, such as your name, contact information and other information to facilitate service.
- Requests for Information, News and other Content. You may sign up to receive information, news and other content related to new and existing LiveHelpAmerica products and services, LiveHelpAmerica events and other information related to LiveHelpAmerica that may be of interest to you. You will be asked to provide Personal Information, such as contact details and other information, relevant to delivering such news and information. We maintain all such information.
- Participation in one or more Communities offered by LiveHelpAmerica. You may participate in one or more communities (e.g. the Labs Community, Developer Community, Partner Community, Customer Community) offered by LiveHelpAmerica on LiveHelpAmerica’s Website. You may be asked to provide Personal Information, such as contact details, and other information prior to becoming a member of any such community. We maintain all such information. In the event that you participate in any message board or blog on LiveHelpAmerica’s Website, please see the terms below under the heading “LiveHelpAmerica Community, Message Boards, Blogs”. Other terms may apply to your use of one or more of the LiveHelpAmerica communities. Such terms are made available when you sign up to become a member of any community and, thereafter, in the member sections of LiveHelpAmerica’s Website and/or in your member account.
- Technical Support Requests. . If you need technical support related to our services or LiveHelpAmerica’s Website, you will need to complete a form for the purposes of defining and clarifying your technical support request. When submitting a technical support request, you are asked to provide Personal Information, including an email address, a URL of their website and a description of the issue. We maintain copies of all technical support requests and other information submitted with or related to such requests.
- Promotions. From time to time, we may offer promotions to LiveHelpAmerica Visitors. If we do, and if you wish to participate, you may be required to provide Personal Information, such as contact information and other information. We maintain such information.
- Recruitment and Job Applications. Personal Information such as that contained on a resume or curriculum vitae may be submitted to LiveHelpAmerica via LiveHelpAmerica’s Website in connection with a job offered by LiveHelpAmerica. Any information supplied by or on behalf of an applicant may be maintained by LiveHelpAmerica as well as third parties performing recruitment and/or other employment-related services. Please note that LiveHelpAmerica may have additional privacy terms that apply to job applicants. Such terms will be made available when an applicant applies for a job or, if applicable, when an applicant otherwise accesses his or her job account.
- Browser Information and Usage Information. We log web browser information (e.g., Internet Protocol addresses and browser types) and other usage information from LiveHelpAmerica’s Website and otherwise via LiveHelpAmerica’s engagement technology. Such information may include page view tallies, time spent on each page, geographic location information, page browsing information and operating system information. If you are using a mobile or other device to visit LiveHelpAmerica’s Website or otherwise communicate or engage with LiveHelpAmerica via LiveHelpAmerica’s engagement technology, we may collect hardware information related to the device used by you.
Your browser may be set to limit or prevent any of the browser information described above from being transmitted. If so, certain communication tools and other features and functions on LiveHelpAmerica’s Website or offered in LiveHelpAmerica’s engagement technology may not be available to you.
LiveHelpAmerica may review and run reports related to the browsing, purchasing and online behavior and activities of visitors to LiveHelpAmerica’s Website and visitors to LiveHelpAmerica’s branded web pages on third party social media websites. LiveHelpAmerica maintains records of such usage and reports.
Also, LiveHelpAmerica may obtain from a third party data source commercially available information related to a LiveHelpAmerica Visitor. LiveHelpAmerica maintains copies of such information. As mentioned below, LiveHelpAmerica is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party.
How does LiveHelpAmerica use and disclose information it collects from LiveHelpAmerica Visitors?
- Transcripts, Surveys and Recordings. LiveHelpAmerica may use Transcripts, Surveys and Recordings for purposes of performing or delivering a service to you, providing maintenance or support services to you, for training and quality assurance purposes, for purposes of improving our services and for other lawful purposes. Third party service providers retained by LiveHelpAmerica to perform agent or operator services or other services on behalf of LiveHelpAmerica may also have access to Transcripts, Surveys and Recordings for purposes of performing or delivering a service to you, providing maintenance or support services to you, and/or for training and quality assurance purposes.
- Browser Information and Cookies. We use browser information, cookies and pixel tags to determine whether a chat, voice or email button or other communication service should be deployed on your browser (in order to allow LiveHelpAmerica to offer assistance or offers to you or otherwise engage with you). We may also use browser information, cookies and pixel tags to help us adjust and improve our product and service offerings, to allow LiveHelpAmerica to recognize whether you are a return visitor, for quality assurance and training purposes, to gather broad demographic information, to administer and optimize our services, to deliver marketing or other materials to you and for other lawful purposes.
- Aggregate Information. We may aggregate information so that it is not Personal Information and we may use such aggregated information, and share such aggregated information with our customers and third party service providers, for training and quality assurance purposes, for purposes of delivering services to you and our other customers, for purposes of improving our services and for other lawful purposes.
Certain third parties may provide services that connect to or leverage LiveHelpAmerica’s services. As mentioned below, LiveHelpAmerica is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party.
LiveHelpAmerica uses third party data facilities, web and data analytics providers, and other third party service providers (including credit card processors) to perform services related to our website and services that are routinely handled by such providers. Such providers may store and, if applicable, process Personal Information and other information in keeping with the service that they provide.
- Technical Support Requests. If you submit a technical support request, we may use and maintain such request in order to respond to the questions posed, improve our product and service offerings, for training and quality assurance purposes, for record keeping purposes and for other lawful purposes.
- Offers. We may use Personal Information provided by you and other information in order to keep you posted on product and service offerings, important announcements, updates to product offerings and events. We may also use such information for purposes of improving our product and service offerings, for training and quality assurance purposes, for record keeping purposes and for other lawful purposes.
- Promotions. From time to time, we may offer promotions on LiveHelpAmerica’s Website or via LiveHelpAmerica-branded social media pages or otherwise via LiveHelpAmerica’s engagement technology. If we do, and if you wish to participate, you may be required to provide Personal Information, such as contact information and other information. We will use and maintain such information for purposes of delivering the promotion and for purposes of improving our product and service offerings, for record keeping purposes, for data analysis purposes and for other lawful purposes.
- Job Applications. If you submit a resume, curriculum vitae and/or job application via LiveHelpAmerica’s Website or otherwise to LiveHelpAmerica via LiveHelpAmerica’s engagement technology, LiveHelpAmerica and its third party service providers may contact you and distribute and use this information throughout LiveHelpAmerica (subject to applicable law) for purposes of considering you for possible employment with LiveHelpAmerica. We may also keep your information on file for future consideration.
Special Notice to LiveHelpAmerica Visitors located in countries other than the United States
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, including those whose privacy laws may be more restrictive than U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States to LiveHelpAmerica. By providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
LiveHelpAmerica Community, Message Boards, Blogs
How does LiveHelpAmerica protect your information?
- Security. Data transmissions over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be fully and absolutely secure. Our website and our services have security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Our security measures include the following.
- Encryption and Firewalls. Chat transcripts are encrypted during transmission. We use standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption that encodes information for such transmissions. Transcripts are maintained and archived on secure servers. Access to such data is protected by multi-layered security controls including firewalls, role-based access controls and passwords. Data is backed up daily and archives are stored off-site in a secure location.
Additional terms that may apply to your information
- Safe Harbor. LiveHelpAmerica complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information from European Union member countries. The company has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view the company’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
- Third-Party Websites. LiveHelpAmerica is not responsible for and does not control the privacy practices of any business customer of LiveHelpAmerica or any other third party. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of each third party.
- Business Transfers. In the event that all or substantially all of LiveHelpAmerica’s assets have been acquired, or in the event of any merger, bankruptcy or reorganization involving LiveHelpAmerica, all Transcripts, Recordings and Surveys, as well as all other information about you and your use of our services will likely be included in the acquired or merged assets.
- Choice Regarding Personal Information. If you elect to engage in any communication using our services, or submit any request or application to LiveHelpAmerica via LiveHelpAmerica’s Website, it is up to you to decide what, if any, information to provide. Depending on the circumstances it may not be possible to communicate with you or address all of your questions without providing some information. Nevertheless, if you do not wish to furnish certain information, then you should not do so.
- Changes to your Personal Information. If you receive marketing or advertising communications from LiveHelpAmerica, you may, at anytime, opt out of receiving further marketing and advertising communications from LiveHelpAmerica by clicking on a link on the bottom of the applicable marketing or advertising email. You may not be able to opt out of receiving important (non-advertising and non-marketing) announcements and notices from LiveHelpAmerica.
Data masking is the process of obscuring (masking) specific data elements within a communication or storage device. Once data is masked the masking cannot be reversed.
Encryption is the process of transforming information into unreadable text so that it is only legible to those possessing an encryption key. The process of making encrypted information readable again is referred to as decryption.
Web browser is a software program that allows a user to access, retrieve and view information on the World Wide Web. Examples of browsers include Internet Explorer, FireFox, Google Chrome and Safari.